You will report directly to the Commercial Director and be responsible for managing all aspects of the sales cycle including lead generation, detailed qualification, consultation, drafting proposals, presenting, demonstrations, closing, upselling and post-sale account management.
You will be part of a growing sales team located across the UK and within your ‘territory’ you will be responsible for developing a mixture of smaller ‘land and expand’ opportunities and larger more complex strategic opportunities. As Waymark has an extensive range of services and products you will require both the ability to be able to sell at all levels and across multiple levels, along with a genuine consultative approach in order to fully understand prospects requirements.
Key Responsibilities The Business Development Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Assist in defining sales plans for your territory and then meet and exceed sales quota through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities.
- Accountable for the acquisition of new clients over a predefined market territory.
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and manage simultaneous opportunities through the sales process.
- Manage and track customer and transactional interactions in our Dynamics CRM system.
- Manage the delivery of product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers with our technical sales/support teams.
- Assist in widening Waymark’s brand awareness by becoming a ‘thought leader’ within target markets.
- Utilise various sales techniques to approach new prospects: referrals, cold calling, internet research, networking, social selling, meetings, presentations, demonstrations, events participation, etc.
- Qualification of prospects is fundamental to maintaining and improving conversion rates, hence asking meaningful and relevant questions is essential to understand prospects requirements and pain points before any solutions are proposed.
- Prepare presentations, commercial proposals, bid proposals, and service level agreements from generic Company templates
- Account management is essential both in terms of customer retention and also maximising on other opportunities to upsell other Waymark services or products.
- Full commitment to achieve targets and be proactive in developing strategies to ensure targets remain on or ahead of plan.
- 5+ years of experience in a software sales or SAAS related role in B2B environment
- Proven experience in cold calling and opening up new business in both SME and large Enterprise accounts
- Demonstrable track record in consistently meeting and exceeding personally owned sales targets
- Existing senior contacts in SME’s and IT departments of large Enterprise accounts within your territory
- Excellent listening, questioning, language, writing, communication and presentation skills to effectively understand requirements and explain a solution to a customer's problems
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management within the client organisation
- Experience in having worked and been managed remotely, highly self-motivated, organised and able to manage own time
- Demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach to meet the needs of changing markets, customers’ requirements and the Company.
- Educated to degree level.
Targets, Deliverables & Salary Information
- Specific targets across the range of Waymark service offerings, with an annual target of circa £400k being the key metric.
- OTE £70k
- Car Allowance + Laptop & Mobile Phone
- Territories – M8 Corridor & Yorkshire
- Pension Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious and expanding Company, we want you to excel in this role and hopefully have some fun doing so. If you meet our requirements and feel you can meet the challenge please get in touch we would love to hear from you.
Waymark are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For an initial informal chat about this role, please contact Paul Lofthouse on 0191 7319933 or email your CV to email@example.com.